A JOURNEY OF SOUL CLEANSING

The long awaited turn to perform Hajj finally came in the Hajj season of 2026M @ 1447H.  Alhamdulillah, after the 17 years of waiting Allah has granted me this great opportunity to perform the fifth pillar of Islam.


The offer letter from Tabung Haji came during the last week of October, 2025.  Excitement and worries all came at the same time.  I was excited to go to The Holy cities of Makkah and Madinah but at the same time felt worried if I had the strength to carry out the activities involved during the Hajj.


Realising that health is one of the important factors in determining the success of this journey, I started fasting and doing morning walks (about 3 km) during weekdays to gain stamina and the same time burning calories in order to get a good blood sugar reading.


I started saving cash as pocket money.  At the same time I tried to improve the quality of my acts of worship as part of the preparation.


My health report passed the standard set by Tabung Haji, alhamdulillah.  I followed closely instructions given by Tabung Haji on the visa application and attended all the courses conducted successfully.


I flew to Madinah on April 18th 2026 @ 1 Zulkaedah 1447H and stayed there for 5 days before leaving to Makkah on May 23rd 2026.  It is a whole new episode in my life that was filled with gratitude to Allah SWT who had answered my prayers to be able to perform Hajj in this life.


Madinah was calm and serene and performing prayers in the Prophet's mosque was a beautiful experience. During the short stay I had the chance to visit the historic battle field of Uhud which gave the realisation of how great the faith of the Sahabahs in spreading the words of Allah.  I also did some shopping in Madinah to be sent for my family at home.


In Madinah I stayed with 4 other pilgrims in room 412 of Emmar Elite Hotel which was about 250 meters from the Prophet's Mosque.  My beautiful room mates were Kak Ani (Rohani), Kak Tia (Khatiah), Asma and Jah.  We shared stories about ourselves and had meals together for those five days in Madinah.


From left : Kak Ani, Kak Tia and Me

From left : Kak Ani, Jah & Asma





Comments

Popular Posts